Looking for an inexpensive way to boost your home's value and curb appeal? Good landscaping and a well designed yard can help your home stand out from the competition and have potential buyers saying "wow" from the moment they step onto your property. Here are a few tips to follow when you get the urge to flex that green thumb of yours:
- Live On the Edge - Carefully trimming the edges of your lawn where it hits mulch or concrete can help give your entire yard a well-groomed look. Use your lawn edges to create pleasing curves around other features in your yard, instead of sharp severe edges.
- Keep Your Lawn Healthy - One of the most important factors of keeping your yard beautiful is keeping your lawn green and full and healthy at all times. If you want to use your yard to help sell your home you should, ideally, start regular fertilizer treatments a year before you list your house. If you don't have that much notice, even just a monthly application of fertilizer when you decide to sell will often make a noticeable improvement.
- A Splash of Color - A green yard is very important, but if you want to really impress people who see your property, you're going to need to use more colors. Scatter colors around your yard with carefully placed flowers and shrubs. Try to find plants that will flower throughout the year, or plan your landscaping carefully so that you always have bright rich colors throughout the season.
- Creative Placement - In most yards you'll find all the landscaping around the foundation and the property lines, creating a perimeter around your home, but not much interest. Consider creative placement of plants and flower beds. Placing beds in different places on your property can create a depth of fields that makes your home seem further back on the lot than it is. You can also use landscaping to block out sights that neither you nor respective home buyers might want to see. Tired of looking at the car up on blocks across the street? Some well-placed landscaping can ensure that you have a beautiful view everytime you look out the window.
- Go Green - Believe it or not, some forms of landscaping are better for the environment and more efficient on your water and energy bills than others. If you're interested in having a "Green Home", look into environmentally friendly landscaping options like xeriscaping.
- Don't Forget the Back! - Remember, your front yard is what you want to show to the world. It should be beautiful and dramatic and impressive. But your back yard is just for you. It should be comforting and pleasing and most of all, private. If you're feeling over exposed in your backyard, fencing or well-placed shrubs can give you back your sense of security and create a little slice of paradise on your own property.
It's a tough selling market out there. It's important to stand out from the rest in any way you can. Proper landscaping can be a simple and often inexpensive way to make sure that buyers remember your home long after they've taken that last wistful look at your beautiful green lawn. If you need help buying or selling a home in Central Florida, feel free to contact me, email me or call me directly at (407) 421-1052.
View more Articles on Central Florida Real Estate.
Ofrecemos nuestros servicios de bienes raices en espaÃ±ol. Mandenos sus preguntas por correo electronico - email@example.com.